Three Different Communities – Floral Park, Elmont and Brooklyn
New York had its history of providing home for early migrants from India from early 1950s and 60s. The inner thirst to have their own traditional way of liturgy and heri...
St. Mary’s Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Long Island, New York, established for a faith-filled descendants of St. Thomas the Apostle and the members of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Major Archiepiscopal Church, nourished by the rich traits of one of the ancient cultures in the world - Indian, thrive to impart our faith and culture to the whole world and especially to Syro Malabar descendants...
- Our Church related services (Adoration, Rosary, Holy Qurbana, Stations of the Cross, Benediction etc.) including the Holy Week services will be live streamed until the Nation, State and Diocese lift its restrictions. Please see the
- Our Church related services (Adoration, Benediction, Rosary, Holy Mass etc.) will be live streamed until the Nation, State and Diocese lift its restrictions. Please see the updated live stream schedule below.
- As of 03/20/2020, we started live streaming the Holy Mass. Please see the live stream schedule below.
- As of 03/16/2020, all our Church related events and Holy Masses (both weekday and weekend) are suspended until April 14, 2020 (including Holy Week services).
- Sunday: Adoration at 9:00 AM, followed by Holy Mass at 10:00 AM
- Monday - Friday: Adoration at 6:00 PM, followed by Holy Mass at 7:00 PM
- Saturday: Adoration at 9:00 AM, followed by Holy Mass at 10:00 AM
Dynasty Basketball - July 11, 2020. Details to follow.
Parish Picnic Saturday July 18th. Details to follow.
St. Alphonsa Feast
St. Alphonsa feast on August 2nd. Novena starts on Friday, July 24th. Schedule to follow.
As a new service, we will be posting a downloadable copy of the Church Bulletin on our Website on a weekly basis. The bulletins are in pdf format and to view and print them you need to have Acrobat Reader which is a free pdf reader.
"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone! Therefore, you shall love the Lord your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today. Drill them into your children. Speak of them at home and abroad, whether you are busy or rest." Deuteronomy 6:4-7
One of the primary missions of our Parish community is our CCD program. The mission of the CCD Program is to bring Christ to his people and bring his people to the realization that they are the Church. We accomplish this by teaching the love of God and sharing our faith throughout the grades from pre-school through high school. Educating the parents of our children through adult formation classes. Preparing students for their sacraments and continuing formation in their faith knowledge. Being community to each other and promoting a strong parish family support.
Saint of the day
"We are slain with the sword, but we increase and multiply; the more we are persecuted and destroyed, the more are deaf to our numbers. As a vine, by being pruned and cut close, shoots forth new suckers, and bears a greater abundance of fruit; so is it with us." â€“ St. Justin MartyrJustin was born around the year 100 in the Palestinian province of Samaria, the son of Greek-speaking parents whose ancestors were sent as colonists to that area of the Roman Empire. Justin's father followed the Greek pagan religion and raised his son to do the same, but he also provided Justin with an excellent ed