Three Different Communities – Floral Park, Elmont and Brooklyn
New York had its history of providing home for early migrants from India from early 1950s and 60s. The inner thirst to have their own traditional way of liturgy and heri...
St. Mary’s Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Long Island, New York, established for a faith-filled descendants of St. Thomas the Apostle and the members of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Major Archiepiscopal Church, nourished by the rich traits of one of the ancient cultures in the world - Indian, thrive to impart our faith and culture to the whole world and especially to Syro Malabar descendants...
Hope you all are doing well. Every day I place you before the Blessed Sacrament and pray for you.
Ash Monday – An obligatory day for Fasting & Abstinence. We have Church services in our Church on Monday (February 15th) evening at 7:00 PM with the blessing of Ashes a...
Holy Week Schedule
- Holy Thursday: 9:00 AM, and 7:30 PM
- Good Friday: 9:00 AM (more in Malayalam), and 4:00 PM (more in English)
- Easter Saturday: 9:00 AM (Healing Mass), 4:00 PM (Vigil more in English), and 8:00 PM (Vigil more in Malayalam)
- Easter Sunday: 10:00 AM (Malayalam), 3:30 PM (Notre Dame)
- Sunday: 8:30 AM, and 11:30 AM (English)
- Monday: 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: No Mass
- Wednesday - Friday: 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM
Syro-Malabar Mass Schedule at Notre Dame church New Hyde Park.
- Every other Sunday: 3:30 PM*
- Tuesday: 6:00 PM*
* The Mass schedule is subject to change.
- Monday: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: No service
- Wednesday - Friday: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM
No upcoming events
MissionThe mission of the CCD Program is to bring Christ to his people and bring his people to the realization that they are the Church. We accomplish this by teaching the love of God and sharing our faith throughout the grades from pre-school through high school. Educating the parents of our children through adult formation classes. Preparing students for their sacraments and continuing formation in their faith knowledge. Being community to each other and promoting a strong parish family support.
- First communion for 4th Graders and up is scheduled for April 24th, 2021.
- First communion for 3rd Graders is scheduled for May 22nd, 2021.
As a new service, we will be posting a downloadable copy of the Church Bulletin on our website on a weekly basis. The bulletins are in pdf format and to view and print them you need to have Acrobat Reader which is a free pdf reader.
Saint of the day
<p>St. John Baptist de la Salle is known for promoting and reforming Christian education, especially amongst the poor. He is also the founder of the Institute of the Brothers of Christian Schools, which now teaches around the world.</p><p>The French priest was one of the first pedagogues to emphasize classroom teaching in the vernacular instead of in Latin. He also founded three teachers' colleges and, in 1705, he established a</p>